Types of Interpretation
1. Simultaneous interpretation (SI): SI is often used in official international conferences. Normally interpreters sit in the Booth at the end of the conference room, receiving information from speakers through earphones and sight or visual information and then interpreting to the microphone. In the meantime, the audience sitting in the conference room can listen to the simultaneous and uninterrupted interpretation of interpreters through special audio receivers. TRANSJOY SI team boasts abundant high-end international conference interpreting experience, including SI for top international major conferences, economic forums and official meetings organized by governments.
2. Consecutive interpretation (CI): CI is applied in technical exchanges, business negotiations or higher-level academic conferences. Consecutive interpreters re-produce all the information of the source language accurately and completely with clear and natural target language during the intervals of listing to the speakers’ speech. Conference CI requires interpreters to be able to listen to and retain 5-10 minutes uninterrupted speech before using sound speaking skills to completely and accurately interpret all the content.
3. General business interpretation: Small business meetings, negotiations, overseas tours, factory or site visits, exhibitions etc.
- Manufacturing and production
- Medical and medicine
- Finance, Banking, Securities, Insurance
- IT · communication
- Energy and environment
- Transportation and logistics
- Consulting and audit
- Clothing and cosmetics
- International exchange
- TV, interview, report, program production